National Science and Mathematics Standards for K-12
Click on the links below for online versions of national standards relating to science and mathematics for grades K-12. The new 2009 Benchmarks for Science Literacy include links to related research, evidence-based student misconceptions, and pedagogical support.
We recommend the National Science Digital Library StrandMaps, a free version of the Benchmarks in a graphical format, with links to related resources and pedagogy.
Benchmarks Online (American Association For the Advancement Of Science)
Main page for the AAAS Benchmarks: 2009 format
- Benchmarks for Science Literacy
- May be viewed or downloaded at no cost
- Links to related research and teaching tips
NSDL StrandMaps (National Science Digital Library)
Same content as AAAS Benchmarks: graphical format
- Click any Benchmark to view related resources in the NSDL database
- Click "Misconceptions" to see research about student understanding of concepts
ASN Viewer (Achievement Standards Network)
Database with NSES, NAEP, AAAS, NCTM, & some state standards: linear format
To view standards, follow these steps: --
- Use drop-down menu to select standard set
- Click on the box that says "View"
- Click on the upper left tab that says "Statements"
NETS (National Educational Technology Standards for Teachers, 2008)
Standards specifically for ed tech & web teaching resources.
*Note: This page allows free download of -
- NETS for Administrators
- NETS for Teachers
- NETS for Students
NSES Standards (National Science Education Standards)
Free PDF Version of the NSES standards
NCTM Standards (National Council of Teachers of Mathematics)
**Requires Membership Fee of $66
Try the ASN Viewer (see above) for a free version of the NCTM standards.