News & Events
- Next Generation: 5 Ways Science Classes Will Change
- Released April 2013, the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) draw on decades of education research, aiming to improve U.S. students' performance in STEM (science-technology-engineering-math) subjects.
- published on June 18, 2015
- Glowing space mice show where quantum dots lodge
- Fluorescent speckles, spots and clouds marking mice bodies are nanoparticles lodged within their skin and rendered visible with ultraviolet light.
- published by New Scientist on May 16, 2014
- Introductory Mechanics ReView Course
- Registration is open for a free online MIT course in Introductory Newtonian Mechanics targeting teachers who want to improve their pedagogy, their conceptual overview of Mechanics, and their problem-solving skills. CEU credit is available from the AAPT.
- published on May 12, 2014
Feb 18, 2017 - Feb 21, 2017
in Atlanta, Georgia
American Association of Physics Teachers event
Join us in Atlanta! A potpourri of themes, including Physics for the Life Sciences, Haunted Physics, and Smartphones for Data Collection.